Sunday, June 14, 2015

PacketCluster Version? - Back In The Day

Back In The Day
As I continue purging excess from my ham inventory, I came across these 3½" disks that contained original ham software on them. I ran my own DXCluster for awhile and normally could connect to Michigan or Cleveland via the backbone frequency, which was where I exchanged data (pre-internet days). I was hoping to connect both worlds via my system but it just did not pan out as I lacked the height, gain and dedicated antenna's. I still used my system for UHV/VHF contests and I made good use of my high band Triplexer during those days. It was certainly fun while it lasted and coming across these old disks makes me take a stroll down memory lane. I have to chuckle a bit as I only have one computer left that could even read these disks. And that computer will be recycled at Best Buy at the end of this week. Remember those days when an entire program would fit on one of these disks. Oh how things have changed.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment