Monday, May 4, 2015

My Icom Accessory Mysteriously Ends in 2014 & Some QSO Party Fun This Past Weekend.

My Icom 2000 Clock
This past weekend had plenty of state QSO party activity. I worked stations in the 7th Call Area QSO Party (7QP), the Indiana QSO Party(INQP) and finally the New England QSO Party (NEQP). I never heard anyone in the Delaware QSO Party. Of course, I was QRP with 5 watts and using my indoor EndFedZ antenna. Saturday was the best day but Sunday was extremely challenging. Challenging enough I did not make one QSO. I'm thankful for those I was able to make on Saturday. It just reminds me how much I miss my modest contest station. Had I still had a station, I would have been parked behind the computer for the entire weekend. But since Sunday was a ham bandwash, I was able to easily enjoy the spring sunshine here in Southern Oregon.  It's that time of year.

And in speaking of time, I put a fresh battery in my Icom IC-756PRO 2000 clock (pictured above) that I received when I purchased my original PRO several years ago. I set the time and when I went to the date, I found the the last calendar year available on this clock was 2014! So, my Icom clocks calendar year ended last year, running only from 1995 to 2014. I don't have the manual any longer but everything I tried stopped the clock calendar year in 2014. Does it render it useless? No, not at all. But I find it a bit comical that my rig outlasted the clock and I've abused my PRO for years. Or at least, I think my rig still works as it's still in the box from our last move. Maybe I should get it out and make sure it did not stop in 2014?! Something tells me it's just fine... 

2 comments:

  1. Good afternoon Phil, I just sent an email to CQ to find out when my subscription ends….I have not received a hard copy since I moved 1 1/2 years ago as it's still going to my old address! I have emailed them and called them with no results. I too like you are not sure where CQ is going but have enjoyed the publication.
    MIke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, I had the same, several emails and pure static. My last ditch effort I sent emails to the following; circulation@cq-amateur-radio.com; w2vu@cq-amateur-radio.com; ads@cq-amateur-radio.com and I finally got a response from Dick Ross, K2MGA. My subscription information was updated and I just received the latest publication. Sadly, I missed the previous publication that combined a few months. Once again, I did not get what I paid for but at least I should get the remaining to my subscription.

    ReplyDelete