Thursday, March 26, 2015

WSPR'n on 20 Meters

20 Meter WSPR
Even though you can tune across a band and not hear a peep, that does not mean that that band is dead! I'm running WSPR tonight on 20 meters and plan on running it all evening. I was excited to see EN81 from W8PPB. That's my old stomping ground (I grew up not far from there in EN81'land). Setup here is my Icom IC-703+ with my indoor mounted EndFedZ wire antenna as photographed in an earlier blog posting. 

The bands have not seemed that great for me since the news worthy geomagnetic disturbance several days back. With any luck, propagation will once again favor my hillside QTH and I'll be able to hear and maybe work some new DX. My logbook is getting a bit stale but I'll be doing a bit of surfing this weekend as time allows. But for now, I'm not hearing much more than a WiSPeR here and there...

No comments:

Post a Comment